Week 8

 3 things I found interesting or important

  1. "But the overall consensus is that we need more boundaries. We need to be able to have a little bit more control over our personal information and identity online. And so you're starting to see these sorts of changes take place where these companies aren't able to access as much information as they could about you before." I find this important because I am an advocate for this as well, social media is too advanced and they know too much about us personally.
  2. "With the permission of her parents, Ava, then 14, sold selfies that she had posted on Snapchat to a an 18-year-old man, despite the fact that he had bought photos of her, along with personal information, from her friends. He would later show up on her doorstep with a shotgun." This is scary because people are just scary and crazy and everyone doesn't have good intentions.
  3. “Think about the last post you've seen that has gone viral. Think about the last piece of content that you personally shared. Why did you share it? It's not because that person gave you a quick tip that you could have Googled, okay? I find this interesting because there is a lot of thing on TikTok that give out so much information, things that we should already know that we can find out through our own research.
2 ways I can relate
  1. I can relate to Zulie Rane's YouTube video because I see that little girl all the time on Instagram and yea the outfits are cute and all but some things just aren't age appropriate when it comes to kids. It just seems like it's a bit forced because a 4-year-old isn't the mastermind behind the content. 
  2. Whether it’s coaching your children to cry for the camera or making them the subject of cruel pranks, the act of leveraging the welfare of children for clicks or leaving them overexposed and vulnerable has made clear that there is a need for an overhaul of how children exist on the internet, starting with the influencer space." I can relate to this because I have seen people on TikTok be upset about how many saves a video gets when it's pertaining to a child.
1 question
What do you guys feel about child influencers dressing like an adult? Do you think it is age appropriate?

Comments

  1. I feel that with the world and how some people are, I think that it would be safer for children to not dress like adults to avoid any malice. I really like all the points you provided and enjoyed reading your content! Sweet and to the point and alot of information to take in and think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem right for child influencers to dress like adults. I think back on my own childhood, and cannot imagine dressing any other way than what was appropriate for my age. These child influencers are growing up way too fast, and should not seek to escape their childhood through dressing another way. It saddens me that more and more children seem to be acting way older than their ages.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 11

Week 6