Week 6

 Interesting or Important

  1. I find it very interesting on the IRL "What if women built the internet?" how they are all women and when it came to them emailing men about the business you could hear the snobbiness and rolling eyes in their response emails. So they made up this person named Keith to handle the emails,  who is a male obviously and things would get done. I think that this is crazy and sad for one that women are treated less when it comes to business because some men feel that women are dumb and don't know anything when it comes to business.
  2. "Everyone in the world is dependent on technology. From hearing aids to spectacles, drugs to prosthetics, smartphones to contraceptives–human existence is a cycle of inventing things to shape life, and, in turn, be shaped. There is no “natural” state for humans, not since we mastered fire." I find this entire paragraph interesting and important because it made me realize how very true this is.
  3. "In general, it’s very true that lower-income neighborhoods — and in the US, that describes many African American, immigrant, or Hispanic neighborhoods — usually have far fewer tech resources like laptops in public schools, and are also far less likely than wealthy neighborhoods to offer programming in high school." I find this important because jobs or hobbies are sometimes limited by kids because of their environment.
Relate 
  1. The first way I can relate to this week's reading is because I am a woman and I will someday, unfortunately, have to experience the sexiest of the career force just because I am a woman. 
  2. The second way I can relate to this week's reading is everyone in the world is dependent on technology. My generation is the generation were technology blew up and changed so much and that is all we know.
Question for discussion
How different would the world be if roles were reversed, instead of women having to try 10x harder in the workforce or life in general, the men would be the ones facing the hardships?

Comments

  1. I feel if the roles were to be reverse honestly things would probably play out the same. I really do not think swapping gender roles would change human behavior. I believe also things would work out similarly because those positions filled by men currently would just be swapped with women with similar skills and gender does not affect how efficient a job can be done. I do believe women deserve more of a chance to show what they got rather than being belittled and I hope one day we can get to that. I really loved reading your post and honestly relate to all your opinions and everything throughout your blog. Really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If men faced the same hurdles as women in the workforce, it's possible that we might see a greater emphasis on work-life balance or just work equality in general. Men might find themselves struggling to balance the demands of their jobs with the needs of their families, and as a result, we might see a greater push for things like paternity leave and flexible work schedules... which women in power would ultimately advocate for while currently in society, these problems for women in the workplace are all but ignored by men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a really thought-provoking point about the roles being reversed within the workforce! I have honestly never thought about this. I believe that if men were the ones having to try harder in the workforce, they would still be facing less hardships than women. The truth is that due to systematic beliefs in gender roles, men would likely receive more benefits than women commonly have to work for. These involve things such as paid time off and fair pay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9

Week 11